These cookies really do crumble. Today Mikey and I decided to make these cookies I found here
on the Martha Stewart website. They are pretty dry (flour and butter) but they have a ginger frosting filling which helps sweeten them up. I really enjoyed the ginger filling, but it was not popular among the boys. Ew, what is that flavor?
was Logan's response and Mikey's face said he was not loving it. I really love fresh ginger though so I rather enjoyed it.
Here's what you need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Sanding sugar, in assorted colors
Combine all ingredients, form into small 3/4 inch balls, roll in sprinkles, and bake at 350º. I flattened mine a little after the first batch because they don't really melt at all.
For the frosting/filling:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon honey
Beat ingredients together and spread between two cookies. Enjoy!